I have a problem.
I am addicted to online shopping.
That is the true reason for this lack of blogs.
I’ve tried cutting myself off from the internet.
I’m addicted anyway but mania fuels it.
I’m on over £100 in this week, my own money not my dad’s but still…
I could make this blog all about how sorry I am and I am and I’m going to try and get over it on my own. I am, I promise. I owe my dad about £600 due to this addiction. Like I can pay that back. But I’m going to make it informative as well. I know, I sort of lied. Well, I didn’t because I did have homework and I did have to update my journal. But I tried cutting myself off but it’s like a uncontrollable impluse. Shopping addictions are just a real. Like a gambling addiction because gambling and shopping cause the same problems, money, relationship, trust.
Symptoms of Online Shopping Addiction:
- Anxiety if access to computer denied
- Persistent need to spend excessive amount of time on the computer
- Persistent need to spend excessive amount of money on the computer
- Neglecting other duties
- Forgoing social activities in order to shop online
- Neglecting family relationships in order to shop online
- Compulsive need to shop online
- Feeling empty when not shopping online
- Feeling irritable when not shopping online
- Feeling depressed when not shopping online
- Lying to other people about amount of time spent on online shopping
- Lying to other people about amount of money spent on online shopping
- Social isolation
- Withdrawing from other pleasurable activities
Undiagnosed conditions such as:
- Adult ADHD
- Alzheimer Disease
- Concentration Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Low self esteem accompanied with depression is the most common cause because buying something online gives people a buzz which when depressed or down gives them a buzz and makes them feel better. Kinda like drugs.
There is a way to stop it. Going to mental health specialists would be one as it could be a part of another condition. For some it’s managing it themselves, complete cut off from the internet. But that usually is unsucessful.